Vita Resume is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our Site(s). We want you to know what Information we collect, how we use it, and how you can request that this Information is updated or corrected.
- "Business Associates" means third party service providers which the Organization may contract with to provide services on their behalf including those related to the Site(s) or for transactions occurring on the Site(s) including, but not limited to Social Networking, hosting, web analytics, lead generation, academic, business or financial services.
- "Financial Information" means specific Personal Information of a financial nature such as your credit card number.
- "Information" means any Information collected and includes: "Personal Information", "Financial Information", "Web Analytical Information" or any other Information collected from you through our Site(s).
- "Personal Information" means Information that may be used, alone or in combination, to identify a specific individual and includes Financial Information.
- "Site" or "Sites" means the Organization's website located at www.vitaresume.com as any other Organization-controlled or authorized Sites (including, without limitation, any Business Associate sites), regardless of domain name or IP address.
- "Social Network", means various Internet communication technologies provided on Sites that facilitate conversation and interaction between people online and includes, but is not limited to, blogs, discussion forums, wikis, chat sessions, newsgroups, etc.
- "Social Network Content" (or "SNC") means the user-generated content you consent to share via a Social Network and includes, but is not limited to, Personal Information, including digital sounds and pictures that you upload to a Social Network. It also includes your Personal Information that may be displayed on other users' Social Network pages.
- "Organization", "we", "us", and "our" refer to the Vita Resume.
- "Unrelated Entities" means third parties that are not Educational Partners and who are not providing services to Vita Resume as Business Associates.
- "Web Analytical Information" means internet generated Information we collect when you visit our Sites. This Information may be linked to marketing and Personal Information. When linked with other Information identifying you personally, either alone or in combination with other Information, then such Information also will be considered Personal Information.
Information We Collect
We collect various types of Information from you through our Sites, when we talk to you on the phone. Some of this Information is collected automatically through various web and internet technologies including Social Networking tools used by the Organization. Other Information is collected when you provide it in response to an advertisement, or a request for information; or if you register or order educational or other products and services, set up a Social Network or other Site profile, or if you choose to use one of our learning assessments or other interactive tools.
Information Collected Automatically
Each time you visit one of our Sites, Web Analytical Information is automatically gathered. In general, this Information does not identify you personally. Examples of Web Analytical Information include, but are not limited to:
- IP address
- Collection Date
- Publisher Name
- Connection Speed
- Day of Week Time of Day (hour)
- Language settings
- Country, State, DMA, City (relating to IP address, if available)
- Domain (.com, .net, .mil, .org, .edu, etc.)
How We Use This Information
The Organization recognizes that by choosing to provide us with your Personal Information, you are demonstrating your trust in us and we take that trust seriously. We will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to others. We may collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide requested products and services
- to respond to your inquiries
- to administer promotions to which you have indicated an interest
- for our internal marketing purposes, which includes, but is not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- for fostering communication and collaboration among members of the Organization community through Social Networks
- for sharing with our Partners who may contact you with respect to their services;
- for sharing with our Partners or Business Associates who are performing services on our behalf
- to analyze how Sites and services are being accessed and used;
- to improve Site and service performance and delivery
- to analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- to analyze risk and business results
- to obtain payment for services that we provide to you
- to maintain business records for reasonable periods
In connection with the uses set forth above, we may use an automatic telephone dialing system, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, or text messages to provide you with various communications. Further, when you provide us with a cellular, wireless, or mobile telephone number as your contact number, you agree that you are providing us with your express consent to receive calls using an automated dialing system, prerecorded voice messages or text messages related to your enrollment. If you do not wish to receive these updates on your cellular or mobile phone, please provide us with a LAN-based telephone number.
Your Financial Information will be used to provide requested products and services, to analyze operational and business results, to analyze risk, and for concluding your registration or other transaction you have initiated with us. It will not be sold, rented, or otherwise transferred to an Educational Partner, Business Associate or Unrelated Entity outside of this purpose, except in the case of a reorganization, merger or acquisition of our shares or assets.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption to protect your credit card details submitted to us over the Internet. No one can view your credit card information, not even our staff members.
You may opt-out of our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time, subject to contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services. You may not be permitted to opt-out to the certain necessary collection, uses, and disclosures, for example, but not limited to, educational announcements, maintaining reasonable academic, business and transaction records and disclosures to government entities as required for us to comply with applicable laws.
You can choose to no longer receive marketing communications from us and you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email or other communication. Please note, however, that such a request will only remove you from our list and the list of any Business Associate performing services on our behalf. We are not responsible for the use any other party may make of the Information once it has been transferred in accordance with this Policy and you will need to contact such entity to have your Information removed from their database.
You may change various user settings related to sharing your Personal Information contained in any user profile you set up as part of Social Network activities furnished by us, subject to contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that your withdrawal from Social Network activities might prevent us from providing you with certain products or services.
Our Security Measures
We will take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your Information to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control. We utilize industry standard security measures when accepting your credit card Information during the online ordering process, as well as whenever we ask you to login to any of our Site(s).
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we will utilize such measures, we do not guarantee you against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Information under our control, and you provide Information to us at your own risk. You should always take care with how you handle and disclose your Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail, Social Networks or other internet channels.
Monitoring of Communications
We may monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications for the training of our representatives and for quality assurance purposes. To the extent such communications are selected, they are only retained as long as necessary to adequately discharge these purposes, unless a specific communication needs to be retained for legal reasons. If you prefer that your communications not be retained for any reason, please advise your representative.
Internet Technologies Used
Cookies, web beacons and other relevant internet technologies are used on our Sites to allow us to accomplish the uses set out above as well as to deliver Sites messaging and to keep track of your Information. These small pieces of program code reside in your computer and browser and can be removed. If you desire to remove such technologies you may do so, but this may render our Sites unusable to you. You can opt out of cookies or the other internet technologies used by disabling these features in your browser program. Consult your browser's "Help" menu for assistance in changing cookie settings or removing cookie files.
We are very sensitive to the issue of children's privacy. Our Sites are neither developed for nor directed at children under 13. If you believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, or registered at one of our Sites and would like to have this Information removed, you can contact us or remove it personally.
Site Hosting and Links from Our Sites to Other Websites
Some of our Sites may be hosted by our Business Associates or contain links to external websites hosted by Partners and Unrelated Entities. When you access these Sites or external websites, the providers of the websites may have access to your Personal Information and may apply their own policies on how your Personal Information is used. Please make sure to read the policies of any Sites you visit on the internet carefully. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites or external websites that we do not control directly and the collection, use and disclosure of Information about you by Partners, Business Associates, and Unrelated Entities will be subject to the policies applicable to those other Sites or external websites.
How to Access Your Information and Contact Us
If you want access to or wish to update any of your Personal Information or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact at
- E-mail: [email protected]